Monday, September 8, 2014

Most Under-Rated Book

This is a tough question in many ways for me as I tend to look at the reviews quite a bit before I decide whether or not I'll read a book.  Hence, I tend to read well reviewed books.  However, recently, I picked up a book at our book club swap and was really surprised.  The book was Villa Pacifica by  New Zealand author Kapka Kassabova.   The writing was very evocative of a tropical setting and I loved how the author played with the paradoxes of time and place.  Bizarre things begin to happen at an isolated hotel and the reader doesn't know which is real and which is not.  Lots of twists and turns that I think many would enjoy if they gave it a shot.  The reviews on Good Reads are a bit low at 3.20, but there are only 16 of them, so I think if we could get the numbers up, the reviews would improve as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment