Friday, September 12, 2014

Book that I've wanted to read for a long time, but still haven't

A few years back I read The Little Stranger by Sarah Waters and I was enthralled.  I immediately thought, I've got to get my hands on some more of Sarah Waters' books.  The obvious choice was Fingersmith, which had rave reviews.  I remember going to the library a couple of times and almost signing it out, but there copies looked just a little too grungy (Howard Hughes and I have a bit in common when it comes to our germ-phobia).  So, when I got a Kindle (almost two years ago!), Fingersmith was one of the first books that I bought.  Have I read it yet you ask?  No!  I can't quite figure out the delay.  I did go through a brief phase where I felt I didn't enjoy e-books as much as physical books, but I'm over that now.  My latest hypothesis is that I loved The Little Stranger so much that I don't want to be disappointed.  Like Lonesome Dove though, I will finish this before the end of the year and that's a promise!!

No comments:

Post a Comment