Friday, September 5, 2014

Book I've Read the Most Number of Times

See previous post.  I tend not to re-read books, so this is a tough question to answer.  However, I do remember a period back in high school when I was reasonably obsessed with a certain book by S.E. Hinton called The Outsiders.  Ponyboy, Sodapop, Johnny, Dallas - I loved them all.  The whole idea of the wrong side of the tracks was intriguing and Ponyboy's academic bent also interested me.  It even sold me on some of Robert Frost's poetry.  I do think that this book represents a particular moment in time for me in terms of my literary tastes as I doubt very much that I'd like this book much anymore.  Unlike others, it seems like a young adult book that is strictly for young adults.

1 comment:

  1. This was one of the books I enjoyed reading for English class, and I have fond memories of the projects we did around it. I never did reread it, though I keep meaning to. I will, eventually, and hope the Suck Fairy hasn't gotten to it.

    One of my most read books is the first Harry Potter. I read the first four books after having Tam, then reread each as the next book came out. I also did that with another fantasy series in my late teens, The Belgariad (10 books if you include the 2nd 5 book series that came after). These days, I don't have as much time, and way too many unread books, to reread as much as I'd like.

    ReplyDelete