Thursday, July 14, 2011

Rupture - Simon Lelic



It's been a while since I've read this now, so my memory could be a bit hazy...  That said, I do remember thinking that this book was quite average.  It kept me interested enough, but certainly didn't compel me to pick it up either.

It tells the story of a police investigator looking into a school shooting.  In particular, it examines the role that bullying and the lack of response from authority figures played in the shooting.  Lelic also draws parallel comparisons between the school shooting and the young female investigator's experience on the police force, which I thought was a bit contrived.  I am starting to wonder if this type of book has limited appeal for me--I also was in the very small minority who did not like We Need to Talk about Kevin.

Essentially, not a bad book but also not a great book.

No comments:

Post a Comment