Saturday, July 16, 2011

How I Became a Famous Novelist - Steve Hely


My second venture into reading on a Kindle...it's possible I'm still reading too quickly as compared with a print novel, so must do another trial.

To the book itself...  I thought that this book was cute, but very forgettable.  This is unfortunate given that it's now been about three weeks since I finished it.  I will say that I felt a bit like I was reading something akin to chick lit and that made me a shade nervous.  However, that does mean it was a nice light read.  In a nutshell, the main character seeks to write a bestselling novel as revenge against his ex-girlfriend (now getting married to someone else).  He uses a unique technique to do this, however.  He analyzes the bestsellers list, notes the common components and pulls them all together into his book.  The rest of the book follows his subsequent misadventures.

A light read and not a bad read...good enough for summer vacation.

No comments:

Post a Comment