Sunday, July 17, 2011

Elephants on the Edge


Title: Elephants on the Edge: What Animals Teach Us about Humanity
Author: G. A. Bradshaw Page
Publisher: Yale University Press (October 26, 2010)

ISBN-10: 9780300167832
ISBN-13: 978-0300167832
ASIN: 0300167830

I bought this book with great expectations for enjoyment. I was stepping out of my comfort zone in that it wasn't another book on skepticism, or a book about quantum/theoretical physics, but I still was looking forward to reading it as it was one of Scientific American's top picks.

Unfortunately, I found that I just couldn't get into it.  So much so, that I just couldn't finish the book.  It isn't that the subject matter was uninteresting, it is more the writing that the author delivered.  I just didn't find it compelling.  Wait, that isn't entirely true. There were bits and pieces that I found quite interesting, but on the whole, I found the writing boring.

I personally, would only give this book 1 out of 5 stars.

To anyone who disagrees with me, I do like elephants, but I found it boring...sorry.

No comments:

Post a Comment