Friday, December 3, 2010

What The Dog Saw: And Other Adventures

Title: What the Dog Saw: And Other Adventures
Author: Malcolm Gladwell
Publisher: Little, Brown and Company (October 20, 2009)

ISBN-10: 0316075841
ISBN-13: 978-0316075848

Review:
This is my third Malcolm Gladwell book; beginning with Tipping Point, moving on to Blink, and then this one.
What the Dog Saw is a series of 19 essays that Malcolm Gladwell had previously published in the New Yorker magazine.  So, if you wanted, you could probably go to the library and look up past issues if you don't want to buy the book :-)  Now that I'm thinking of it, he gets two commissions for the same story!  That sneaky bugger.

I know a lot of people use the phrase "I couldn't put it down" when describing books, and I've always hated that saying.  Having said that however, I couldn't put it down!  Ok, that is a bit overstated, but I found this book to be really quite interesting, and it took me less than a week to burn through it.  For me, that is a whole lot-o-reading.  Through the course of the book he takes on some really interesting and diverse topics such as Dog Training, Financial Collapse, 911, Lat Bloomers vs Innate Tallent, etc.  (I don't know why I capitalized those...)

The only essay that I found kind of snore-ish was the one about Wall Street traders.  All of the others, I found extremely interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment