Friday, January 2, 2015

The Day After New Year's is My Favorite Stat Holiday

I'm trying an experiment and am going to try and document something about our lives every day this year.  Granted I've already missed January 1st, so....everything else is gravy as technically I've already failed.

Today is January 2, 2015.  Upon arriving in New Zealand seven years ago, I would soon come to realize that they had one of the best named holidays ever.  Essentially, January 2 is known as The Day After New Years's and is officially a stat holiday.  I love it because someone realised they wanted a day off, but couldn't be bothered to go so far as to create an actual name.

At any rate, today was a fabulous day that I am glad qualifies as a stat.  We did so much...  Started the day with a water front run, headed up to Hemi Matengi Scenic Reserve for a new and glorious hike high above sea level, and then spent four hours talking to our good friends from Canada.  Capped the day with a late meal of maki and then off to bed so that we can do something similar tomorrow (this time with puppies in tow).





No comments:

Post a Comment