Thursday, May 8, 2014

The Heart Broke In - James Meek


In a nutshell

Told from the perspective of three main characters, whose lives are changed when one is asked to sacrifice another to save his own skin.  Sounds kind of interesting, right?

Did I like it?

M'eh - minus!  At first I was just ambivalent to this book, but gradually I grew to resent the time wasted on this book.  The characters were just unlikeable (from my perspective).  In fact, I'm loathe to spend much time even writing this blog entry.  Though perhaps it will serve as a helpful warning to others!

Will you like it?

If you like books that ask moral questions, you may enjoy this one.  Prepare, however, to engage with some fairly irritating characters.
What else happened while I was reading this book?

A quiet weekend that somehow passed very quickly.  Spent Sunday making these fab baked beans before enjoying a nice walk with les petit chiens.



No comments:

Post a Comment