Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Fatal Grace - Louise Penny

I have a new guilty pleasure in the form of Louise Penny.  I can't get enough of her mysteries.  I've mentioned to others that I really enjoy her main detective, Armand Gamache.  I suspect this is primarily because he is different from most other literary detectives.  He's a nice guy, who happens to be a really good detective (no dark, flawed personality lurking beneath the surface).  Like Penny's previous novel, this one is set in the small Quebecois village of Three Pines and is filled with the same quirky and engaging characters.  To sum up the story, an unwelcome and disliked newcomer (not without cause) to the village is murdered.  Gamache's team is assembled and descends upon the village.  The twists and turns associated with a mystery case ensue and my Saturday afternoon disappears.  A great piece of escapist fiction!

No comments:

Post a Comment