Friday, September 23, 2011

The Behaviour of Moths - Poppy Adams


I have an aversion to moths...their flitting about makes me nervous.  And they always want in the house!  As part of my aversion therapy, I thought to read this book ;).  While the moths didn't bug me (pun unintended) and their descriptions were somewhat interesting, the story itself was just okay.  It tells the tale of a recluse sister (Ginny) who has stayed behind on the family estate for years and studied moths.  Her sister returns home at one stage and this creates a great deal of distress for Ginny.  The family's history is revealed through Ginny's eyes and this sets the stage for what will happen between the two sisters.  A quick read, but I didn't come away loving this book.  Perhaps my aversion to moths was present in my subconscious...

No comments:

Post a Comment